Leave Application Letter
A leave application letter is required by most employers when you need time off during working hours. Often an employer will want your leave request in writing so that it can be formally approved. When writing it you will usually address your immediate reporting head, however sometimes higher consent is required. This article and free sample application template will help you get the time off you are wanting, just click the download icon at the bottom of this page to download your free formatted application prepared as a Microsoft Word document.
How To Format
Firstly you need to state your name, employee number, department number, and any other information your employer uses to distinguish who you are.Name: David Harrison
Employee Number: HU8-880
Department: Men’s Fashion
Next put the date, the name of the person you are addressing, their working position, and the subject of the letter.Date: 07/14/2013
Great, now we are on to the body of the letter, this part will usual consist of just one or two paragraphs. The first few sentences should give the reason you are requesting leave.I regret to inform you that…
- Due to the sudden onset of malaria I have been ordered bedridden and am unable to attend work.
- I am to be best man at my cousins wedding and therefore cannot attend the office.
- I am sitting my final examinations soon and will require some time off.
We are doing well, now we must make a sanctioning leave request.
- I am therefor requesting leave at your blessing, from DATE through DATE.
- I would be very grateful if leave can be granted between DATE and DATE.
- I am unable to attend from DATE and until further notice, I have therefor enclosed a medical certificate for your perusal and will finish any pending work upon my return.
Next just finish it up with.Thank you in anticipation.
I hope this sample leave application format will help you better understand what is required when asking for time off from work. The main thing is to state clearly and kindly the dates and reason for your request.